Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Favorites for Summer


Since the summer is almost over, I got to see what products I regularly use in summer. Like monthly favorites except it's for a whole season. And what I realized is that I focused on skincare and if I wore makeup, it was light and easy makeup.

 This summer, my hair has been a bit hard to deal with. So I brought back an old favorite, my Sebastian Penetraitt hair masque. Its another leave in product that is made to help curls look less limp and actually curl. I would highly suggest it to anyone with curly hair because it is one of the only products that actually stays in my hair.
Summer is always bad for skin. It brings out all your natural oils and is a problem for almost everyone, including me. To combat this problem, I have been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. The Apricot scrub is a bit too harsh on my skin by itself so I have actually been mixing the two scrubs together to make the perfect one for my skin. 

Sunglasses should always be on hand during summer to protect your eyes. Since, my favorite pair broke at camp, I have really grown fond of this pair from Nordstrom. The mirrored look added to the Rose gold color is really unexpected and looks nice with most outfits. 

I have not really been wearing makeup all summer but if I am, I am probably wearing these. I have opted for lip stains this summer due to the light weight feel. My favorite ones are the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush and the Smashbox Lip stain and Color Seal Balm in Berry. I find both colors very build-able and easy to use. Now if I do wear makeup, I will be wearing an eyeshadow. Most days I just use my Naked Palette because it has very versatile colors. But this summer I have gone through my makeup and found this Maybelline eyeshadow in Silver Lining and have fallen in love. I like using this with Urban Decay's GunSmoke in the corner of my eye for a smoky effect.

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment