Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Making a Statement Through Necklaces

Fall has completely dominated LA now and I could not be any happier. Layering clothes is normally associated with the autumn, so why not layer jewelry too? My absolute favorite item to add to an outfit is a chunky statement necklace. Here are some of my favorite pieces to add onto long-sleeve dresses and cozy sweaters!



This bib necklace from Topshop is one of my absolute favorites. I love the intricate design put into this necklace because I can dress up any simple outfit. Investing in a lovely necklace was one of the best things I've ever done with my wardrobe. This necklace can go along with a plain tight crop top or even a simple dress.


 
This necklace is also from Topshop! When I first saw the suns on this piece, I had to grab it. After walking around the store for a while wondering if I could actually wear it with anything, I decided to buy it. The best piece of advice I could ever give anyone about shopping is to always think about how and what you would wear with the piece you want to buy. I usually pair this necklace with black or white dresses to add some flare to a daytime/nighttime outfit.
 


 Chunky, beads and turquoise, what else could you ask for in jewelry? This turquoise necklace is from Kaitlyn. I found myself wearing this much more with all of my strapless jumpsuits and dresses in the summer but recently found that it looks great with sweaters. You could never go wrong with turquoise jewelry.
 
 
Last but not least, the eccentric piece! This skull and chain necklace from Zara originally started off as a birthday gift to my mother. After seeing her wear it, I had to steal it a few (or more) times. This fall's trend seems to revolve around a dark, "grunge" look, as seen in the Met Gala and Free People catalog, so I thought this crazy piece would look great with black tops and flannels.

No comments:

Post a Comment